Community Support Network, Inc. (CSN) is a not for profit employment agency for adults with developmental disabilities. At CSN, our ultimate goal is to help adults with cognitive delays and often other disabilities, to participate in the community. Our main venue for achieving this goal is by helping our clients to work. Our approach for each client and employer is as unique as the clients and employers involved in any given situation. The following is a general outline of the services that we provide.
We learn about your business needs:
- The work that you need performed
- The physical layout of your business
- Any other issues which may affect who we may recommend to work for you
We help you fill positions:
- Pre-screening of potential employees to ensure they are capable of doing the tasks required
- Recommending potential employees whose skills, interests, and personalities are a match for your needs
- Helping you with the interview process while making decisions between different potential employees (should you choose to participate in this step).
- Helping our clients to fill out new hire paperwork
We assist with training our clients (who often need longer training than their coworkers).
We provide ongoing Job Coaching:
- Ensuring quality and quantity of work accomplished
- Ensuring clients’ needs are met with little disturbance to your business
- Acting as a “mediator” in cases where it may be difficult for clients to communicate easily
We remain available to make changes, as needed, throughout the employment period.
Dane County Human Services, and in some cases the Department of Workforce Development, pay for the services of our Job Coaches. In order to make the most efficient use of scarce resources, our clients generally work at sites in a group situation; two or three clients with one Job Coach. Please note, when budgeting for any positions you choose to have our clients fill, all FICA and other typical employee related expenses (Unemployment insurance, Workmen’s Compensation, etc.) will apply as they do for any of your other employees.
In some cases, there are tax credits (WOTC) available for hiring the clients we work with, during their first calendar year of employment. For an employee working at least 400 hours a year, the tax credit is 40% of the first $6000,00 in wages paid, up to $2,400. For an employee working at least 120 hours (but less than 400 hours) a year, the tax credit is 25% of the first 6,000 in wages paid, up to $1,500.
Some of our clients work for companies as employees of our agency. We simply arrange to complete the services you are in need of and send an invoice for our costs (which includes FICA, UI, WC, etc.). Because we are a non-profit, you should be aware that tax credits do not apply if using this option.
Become a Community Employer
If you are interested in hiring clients through CSN, please contact us. We will help guide you through the process and answer all of your questions.