Community Support Network, Inc (CSN) is a full-spectrum day services provider serving adults with developmental disabilities in the Madison area. In an effort to ensure we are providing high quality services, we’ve developed the following plan.
CSN agrees with and supports the definition of high quality care that has been provided by Dane County Human Services. In summary, the definition advises:
Services are of high quality when they make available to each adult with developmental disabilities the assistance needed to pursue a life that embodies his/her individuality, gifts and aspirations.
Each person is provided with:
- A wide range of experiences
So that they can:
- Learn and practice new skills
- Engage in activities that are purposeful and productive
- Make contributions to others
- Use natural supports when available
- Participate in typical community environments that are safe and healthy
Supports are offered in ways that protect and/or increase opportunities and the ability of each person to control his/her own resources and personal space and to choose where, with whom and how s/he wants to spend time and to receive assistance. The person (with assistance from allies as needed) has a determining voice in decisions affecting his/her life.
Support is provided in ways that respect and enhance privacy, reputation and community membership. For each person services create opportunities for greater community involvement and a growing network of positive, important personal relationships at least some of which are unpaid and long-term.
We have a number of formal venues to ensure CSN is continually providing high quality care.
- The Executive Director acts as the Quality Assurance Specialist, in concert with other CSN directors and managers, to delegate all agency and staff resources appropriately to meet program and Consumer needs in a flexible, responsive and productive way.
- Directors engage in a thorough interview, screening and hiring process for staff positions.
- Directors and managers provide extensive training (initial and ongoing) and support for staff.
- Directors and managers regularly evaluate and provide feedback and supervision to ensure staff are performing as expected.
- Directors are active in the process of Consumer team developed person centered plans which lead to the creation of extensive, well-maintained and well-trained personalized plans of care (“protocols” and schedules) for each Consumer.
- Teamwork with Consumers, their families, guardians and other support providers is actively encouraged by the CSN directors.
- CSN performs regular Consumer and team satisfaction surveys.
- A list of rights and responsibilities, along with the CSN grievance procedure is shared with all Consumers and team members.