We offer specialized psychotherapy, training and consultation services tailored for people with developmental delays and their teams. Edgewood College actively assisted us with our process in setting up our new service selection. Our goal is to complement the existing services already available for people with Developmental Disabilities in Dane County.
Our new services at a glance
We provide a range of therapies and consultation services on an outpatient basis. These may include:
Some things you might want to discuss: relationship struggles, sexuality issues, communication issues, behavioral concerns, emotional management and self regulation, self esteem, anxiety and/or depression relief, caregiver stress prevention and relief, creative ideas for caregivers, productive/safe activities that do not require residential/parental coverage, etc.
Different types of sessions
- Variety of offerings for both clients, caregivers and families
Courses (for instance on a 4 week schedule)
Individually created options based on specific needs
- Sign language training (as a communication tool as well as a tool for emotional self regulation)
- Facilitating and mediating communication within teams that are in distress and/or situations where there is room mate/staffing distress
- Consultation and training services for agencies around client care and/or team dynamics
- Individual, group, family and team assistance
Our therapeutic services are designed to
- Increase client well being
- Increase family and team well being
- Increase staff competence/level of all the services provided to clients in all settings
- Increase partnerships across agencies
We accept Wisconsin Medicaid.