Strong Artistic Ladies Speak Out (SALSO) presentations are a unique educational opportunity. We have put together a 90-min. presentation that takes viewers on a visual journey through the history of disabilities from very personal perspectives.
SALSO provides community education
SALSO provides community education on behalf of CSN. Our goals for CSN and ourselves are:
- Express ourselves in an artistic format.
- Earn fair wages while engaging in work that is meaningful to us.
- Use our talents as a vehicle for community education about our abilities and CSN services.
Following SALSO presentations, audiences will gain:
- A personal perspective on what it means to have a “disability.”
- A sense of inspiration for all those who have encountered challenges, discrimination and roadblocks.
- Supportive ways to interact with individuals in wheelchairs, or those faced with communication, physical, cognitive or mental challenges.
SALSO presentations will professionally benefit anyone who works in the Madison area, students and staff in the healthcare and educational fields, customer service employees, community recreation center staff and mental health professionals, among others. Additionally, anyone who is invested in creating a greater sense of community, integrating people with varying needs into our community in productive ways, will benefit personally. Cost for a 90-minute presentation: $210.00