CSN provides a wide range of services to include Employment Support and Day Support for people with special needs. Day Services refer to a host of enrichment services which include education, training, recreation and leisure activities, community integration and therapeutic services. By providing a creative array of services we are able to successfully blend many of your different goals and values.
1. Your goals and values
We are creative in helping you find a balance between your goals and values:
CSN agrees with and supports the definition of high quality care that has been provided by Dane County Human Services. In summary, the definition advises:
Services are of high quality when they make available to each adult with developmental disabilities the assistance needed to pursue a life that embodies his/her individuality, gifts and aspirations.
Each person is provided with:
So that they can:
Support is offered in ways that protect and/or increase opportunities and the ability of each person to control his/her own resources and personal space and to choose where, with whom and how s/he wants to spend time and to receive assistance. The person (with assistance from allies as needed) has a determining voice in decisions affecting his/her life.
Support is provided in ways that respect and enhance privacy, reputation and community membership. For each person services create opportunities for greater community involvement and a growing network of positive, important personal relationships at least some of which are unpaid and long-term. From here, it is up to you how we define and measure the quality of our results.
- How much time is needed to create the option?
- How many people benefit from coordinating the option?
- How many hours of benefit are produced from the option?
- How much time is needed to maintain the option?
- How flexible is the option?
4. Cost Effectiveness
- Ratios: How many people share the costs?
- Timing: Does the option fit our regular schedule/require overtime services?
- Location: Where is the option provided?
- Supplies: What supplies are needed?
Breakdown of Basic Individual Support Needs
- 53% of our Consumers receive 30 hours or more of support each week, regardless of their employment status
- 62% of our Consumers require 100% supervision
- 57% of our Consumers have intensive medical and/or mental health support needs (including seizures, g-tubes, catheters, diabetes and/or a variety of mental health issues)